Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Power Struggle

See I thought me and my moms were done for good
If she couldn’t understand me, I knew nobody could
Wanted her respect but it felt like
I was only meant to get
Lukewarm receptions to my opinions
Antenna must’ve still been flowin on analog
Cause somewhere my mindwaves were backlogged
Hazing up and serving her white noise
And she
Took it all as some kind of ploy
To give her
Gray hairs and nightmares
And her belief was that I
Simply didn’t care about
The sacrifices and years she gave up for me
But all I had wanted was for her to see
That my intention was not to throw what she’d given me away
But to make it my own and repay her one day
Sure, every time she said left I chose to go right
But that was only my desire to experience everything in sight
It wasn’t my intention to fuel the fire of our fight
I’m simply not one of those ‘walk-the-line’ types
Eventually things came to a heartpounding head
That left both our wills shattered
Our relationship left for dead
But for some reason, it was that collision
Of all our stresses and fears
That rebuilt the fragile bond that had grown weaker through the years
And though we both still have a long way to go
I know.
For the first time in a long time
My mother understands me.
For the first time in any time
I understand she.
blog comments powered by Disqus