Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thing Is...

I like you.
Want you in the worst way
And though I cant have you now
In this present condition
We cannot stay
And yet
I know we can't do much with this
But my hearts telling me that with you
This is it
The one thing I'm missing
The one thing I need
Who cares how it happens
Can I just bask in your energy?
The constant happiness you wear
And unerring joy you bring me
Leaves me, your moon,
High up above
Reaching for the vast beauty of your seas
Like soft poetry
You whisper to me
In a language so raw and true
The stature of it's honesty
Leaves me not knowing what to do
The risk I wish to take is great
And I know you speak this is not our fate
But what happens if it is?
And you realize that too late?
Crazy talk you say?
Then let it be.
Foolishness?
I'm the jester in your court
Charming you with
Bad jokes and self-deprecating retorts
Do you not see
What you mean to me?
Thing is love
Amongst all our mixed signs
All I truly want
Is for you to simply be mine.
blog comments powered by Disqus