Thursday, May 21, 2009

X-Factors (Working Title)


So I’m staring at the love letter you sent me
Or rather I wish that’s what I was reading
Instead I’m stuck with a slice of hot hatred
Singeing my fingers
But I hold on anyway
Hoping this feeling will burn away
Though I try to ignore it, it remains all too true
I still love you.
But according to this letter, that wasn’t enough
Was it?
No of course not…
Right?
I mean, if it was, I wouldn’t be sitting here
Drowning in my own tears
Damn….
I am such a bitch.
Where did we go wrong?
And now I’m slicing and dicing
All our flirting and enticing
The kisses and hugs
All those fuzzy lovebugs
That wrapped around us like a snug glove
And the equation remains the same.
Nothing adds up, remainders exist left and right
Not a single equal sign in sight….
Even when I analyzed our epic fights
Battles that left you sobbing
And me couch hopping
I’m still answerless…
Cause we got through every bout.
Except this burning Post-It in my hand.
For a few more hours
I toss and turn every angle of our romance
Until suddenly, I’m snapped out of my trance
And it makes sense.
My love wasn’t enough and neither was yours
Because of all the extra factors we let in the door
Cluttering up the space that connected our hearts
Then that bond hit maximum capacity and fell apart
We got caught up in expectations and fine print
The little details and rumors that didn’t mean shit
Until we forgot each other….
And this is what you must have been angry to see
Wow….suddenly this letter isn’t hurting me.
blog comments powered by Disqus