Sunday, August 31, 2008

Love Junkie

I took a shot of love intravenously the other day
Now I’m wrought with the scariest, most amazing plague
My heart rate’s a million a second
All the while the voice of reason beckons
For me to stop while I still can
I merely scoff and reply, “I’ll be damned.”
Since that day I’ve been surviving on 100% pink coke
And I can’t stop
I need it constantly even though reality no longer exists
I should stop but the illusion of the kissIs so much stronger than my will
This addiction that is strong enough
Is burning through my veins
Hurting me yet healing me
With every gentle caress
Love winds the rope around my neck with such finesse
Then when I finally slip of the pedestal which I’m perched
I won’t even realize when I’m buried in the dirt
Six feet beneath
Cause of death was a love O.D.
From multiple shots taken intravenously
But such is the life of a love junkie
blog comments powered by Disqus