Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sweet Interlude (APMM)

Along the musical scale that is my life
There have been many wrong notes of quarter-fears and inverted strife
A warped-out rhythm playing darkness upon my soul
Unfinished nocturne leaving in my heart a gaping hole
Bleeding it’s sad song…but then you came along.

At first there was the gentle silence that simply had me caught
And then your song.
Melodies that felt like silk against my cynical heart
Wrapping and weaving
Breathing and conceiving the notion that perhaps…
No, I cast the thought aside
Too used to manipulations and lies
But your honeydew tune
Washed away the doubt that had loomed
And in its place I saw your smile
Felt your touch
Never in my life have
I felt this much
Or even this true…

Uncanny beauty, where we’ll go, I can’t be sure
But I hope this sweet interlude grows into so much more.
blog comments powered by Disqus