Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Writer's Resolve

I cannot say for certain
That I will be a success
I do not know if my decision
Really is the best
I'm not quite sure my talent
Will take me where I want to go
Especially when I'm told it isn't enough
It's all about who you know
Sometimes I feel like I'm on a fool's errand
Choosing to waste my time away
At times I feel I'm just being stubborn
Rebelling against the shit they all say
There are days when my self-esteem
Has the consistency of glass
And though it's partly because I fear the future
I'm also haunted by my past

But then I tell myself to stop.

My greatest talent is my insight
Into what most choose not to see
To shackled minds and doubt-ridden souls
I alone have the key
I can ignite a powderkeg of emotion
With my subtly biting words
And I will continue to create new works
Until my voice is felt and heard
But even then I will only improve
And only when I breathe my last breath
Will I, Jali, the writer
Give in to a quiet death
But I promise you, what I leave behind
Will continue to blaze a trail
That will scream it isn't wrong to be different
And that it isn't a crime to fail
blog comments powered by Disqus